EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
- 300 block of Clematis Street (Saturday, October 1, 2022, 5 a.m. – 4 p.m.): Road closure for the West Palm Beach Antique Flea & Craft Market produced by Bill Jacobson
- 100 block of North and South Clematis Street, Narcissus Street between Banyan Boulevard and Datura Street, Lantana Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street, and the 200 block of Clematis Street (Saturday, October 1, 2022, 5 a.m. – 4 p.m.): Road closure for the Greenmarket produced by the City of West Palm Beach Community Events
- 500 block of Clematis Street (Friday, September 30, 2022 5 p.m. through Sunday, October 2, 2022, 11 p.m.). Road closed for street event produced by Moonfest, Inc.
- North & South Clematis Street between Narcissus Street and Flagler Drive, Lantana Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street (Thursday, September 29, 2022, 4 – 10 p.m.) for Clematis by Night produced by the City of West Palm Beach Community Events.
- Intersection of Northwood Road and Spruce Avenue Avenue (Friday, September 30, 2022, 4 – 10 p.m.). Intersection closed for Art, Dine & Design produced by the City of West Palm Beach Community Redevelopment Agency.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING CLOSURES
- Olive Avenue at Sophia Drive (through mid-October 2022): Closed for underground utility repairs
- Motorists should use South Dixie Highway (US1) or Flagler Drive as north-south alternatives.
- Banyan Boulevard at Australian Avenue (through November 2022): Southbound left turn lane closures at Australian Boulevard for road improvements within the Banyan Boulevard Streetscape Project.
- Banyan Boulevard between Australian Avenue and Quadrille Boulevard (through November 2022): The following traffic pattern changes within the Banyan Boulevard Streetscape Project.
- Single lane east and westbound Banyan Boulevard traffic through November 2022 to construct a landscaped median.
- Access to the Federal Courthouse & Social Security Administration will be via eastbound Banyan Boulevard through November 2022.
- Access to the Social Security Administration surface parking lot will be via westbound Banyan Boulevard through November 2022.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained throughout the construction period.
- Saratoga Road between Stratford Way / Hartford Court and Middleton Way (until further notice): Road closed for lift station rehabilitation.
- Tamarind Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 7th Street. (through November 2022): Both directions for underground utility work and streetscape. Detours:
- Northbound Tamarind Avenue traffic should go east on Banyan Boulevard to Rosemary Avenue, north on Rosemary Avenue to 7th Street, and west on 7th Street to Tamarind Avenue.
- Southbound Tamarind Avenue traffic should go south on Australian Avenue to Banyan Boulevard and east on Banyan Boulevard to Tamarind Avenue South.
- Washington Road between Greenwood Drive and Monceaux Road (through late Spring 2023): Road closures as part of a streetscape redesign, including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. Detours:
- Northbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Monroe Drive to Olive Avenue, north on Olive Avenue to Almeria Road, and east on Almeria Road to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Almeria Road to Olive Avenue, south on Olive Avenue to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Washington Road.
- Southern Boulevard between Olive Avenue and Malverne Road (through September 2022): One of two eastbound lanes closed to address multiple depressions on Southern Boulevard.
- Georgia Avenue between Nottingham Boulevard and Southern Boulevard, and Miller Avenue between Nottingham Boulevard and Southern Boulevard (through Spring 2022): Local traffic only for utility improvements. Flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
- North Flagler Drive between 34th Street and 36th Street (until further notice): Motorists should expect slow traffic for road construction. Flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
- North Flagler Drive between 43rd Street and 45th Street (through Summer 2022): Partial daytime lane closures for road construction.
PRIVATE PROJECT ROAD CLOSURES
- Icon Marina Village – North Flagler Drive between 43rd Street and 45th Street (through December 2022): Periodic closures of the northbound lane for the installation of underground utilities. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- The Watermark – Datura Street between Quadrille Boulevard and South Dixie Highway (through September 2022): The westbound lane is closed to construct a senior living facility. Motorists should use Clematis Street or Evernia Street as westbound alternatives.
- The Grand – 2nd Street between Rosemary Avenue and Sapodilla Avenue (through October 2022): Occasional flagging on 3rd Street.
- Sapodilla Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 3rd Street is closed through September 2022.
- 2nd Street between Rosemary Avenue and Sapodilla Avenue is closed through September 2022.
- One Flagler – Chase Street between Lakeview Avenue and Okeechobee Boulevard (through December 2023): Road closed for construction. No sidewalk closures.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Australian Avenue at L.A. Kirksey/15th Street (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closure for underground utility installation.
- Australian Avenue south of Belvedere Road (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closures for pole installation.
- Belvedere Road between Bristol Drive and Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closures and westbound right lane closure for pole installation. Periodic northbound left-turn lane closure at South Australian Avenue for underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of North Military Trail (until further notice): Periodic daytime westbound right lane closures for underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of Northpoint Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic daytime westbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- North Haverhill Road north of Caribbean Boulevard to Beeline Highway (until further notice): Intermittent lane closures and traffic shifted to the east side for road widening.
- North Florida Mango Road over the Palm Beach County L-2 Canal (north of Bridgeman Drive): Re-opened. Periodic northbound and southbound lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic.
- Roebuck Road between Jeaga Middle School/Grassy Waters Elementary and Haverhill Road (until further notice): Periodic weekend daytime lane closures for pressure cleaning and bridge painting.
- For more information about PBC road closures, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works at (561) 684-4000 or visit the Road & Bridge Construction List
FLORIDA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Westbound Okeechobee Boulevard between Andros Isle and Sansbury Way (through Friday, October 14, 2022): One lane closed, 9 p.m. until 4 a.m., Monday through Friday, for construction crane operations and pole installation.
- North and southbound I-95 north of Forest Hill Boulevard to the south of 10th Avenue North in Lake Worth Beach (through Fall of 2023): I-95 may have one lane closed in each direction nightly, 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, for upgrades in lighting, the installation of new pavement and a Road Weather Information System. Entrance and exit ramps will not be affected by construction. A full overnight closure of I-95 northbound is required to install new overhead sign structures. FDOT will provide ample notice before this operation.
- Southbound Broadway Avenue at 55th Street (through Friday, October 14, 2022): One of three lanes closed, 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for cell phone tower installation.
- Southern Boulevard eastbound exit ramp to northbound Australian Avenue (through Spring 2023): Traffic is reduced to one lane for widening operations.
- For more information, contact FDOT: at (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH DOCKS
- Currie Park Boat Docks and Ramps (2400 North Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, sunrise to sunset.
- Lake Mangonia Park Boat Ramps (2957 North Australian Avenue): Ramps are open daily, sunrise to sunset.
- Clematis Street Docks (South Clematis Street at South Flagler Drive): Docks are open daily, from 5 a.m. until midnight.
- Fern Street Dock (Fern Street at South Flagler Drive): The dock is open daily, from 5 a.m. until midnight. No overnight dockage is allowed for boats, dinghies, or kayaks. The Fern Dock is also the home of a West Palm Beach Marine Patrol Boat and the West Palm Beach Fire Rescue Boat.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/2961/772?npage=6