CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING, PUBLIC WORKS & UTILITY ROAD CLOSURES
- Monceaux Road between Dixie Highway (US 1) and Georgia Avenue (through August 2023): There will be intermittent lane closures for underground utility improvements. Access to all homes and businesses will be maintained.
- Northlake Boulevard west of Coconut Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- Washington Road between Roosevelt Place and Royal Palm Road (construction extended through January 2024): Road closures as part of a streetscape redesign, including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. The following detours are in place:
- Northbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Monroe Drive to Olive Avenue, north on Olive Avenue to Almeria Road, and east on Almeria Road to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Almeria Road to Olive Avenue, south on Olive Avenue to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Washington Road.
- 7th Street between Handy Avenue and 11th Street (through August 2023): The road is partially closed with flagging operations for swales lining and re-grading.
- Lake Avenue between Belvedere Road and Park Place (through September 2023): Partial road closures with flagging operations for repavement and restriping.
- Tamarind Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 7th Street (through September 2023): Full road closure for utilities and roadway work.
- Roadway Milling & Resurfacing (Monday, August 21 through Wednesday, September 20): full closures for repavement work at the following locations:
- 43rd Street between Pinewood Avenue and Broadway
- AE Isaacs Avenue between 18th Street and 22nd Street
- Summa Street between Norton Avenue and South Dixie Highway
- Bradley Street between South Lake Avenue and Garden Avenue
- Plymouth Street between Webster Avenue and South Dixie Highway
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
- North & South Clematis between Narcissus Avenue and Flagler Drive, and Lantana Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street (Thursday, August 17 and Thursday, August 24, from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m.): The road is closed for Clematis by Night With Mini Market produced by City of West Palm Beach Community Events.
- Rosemary Avenue between Okeechobee Boulevard and Hibiscus Street (Friday, August 18, 5 p.m. through Sunday, August 20, 10 p.m.): The road is closed for a street festival produced by Related.
PRIVATE PROJECT ROAD CLOSURES
- Roxy’s – Clematis Street between Dixie Highway and Olive Avenue (through Friday, September 29): Closure of the 300 block of Clematis to vehicular traffic in both directions. Pedestrian access is maintained; however, a short detour is in place due to closure of the northern sidewalk nearby the construction site.
- One Flagler – Chase Street between Lakeview Avenue and Okeechobee Boulevard (through Summer 2023): The road is closed for construction. The eastern sidewalk is closed for construction.
- One Flagler – Lakeview Avenue between Flagler Drive and Chase Street (through February 2024): Single lane closure due to construction. No site deliveries in the work zone.
- 300 Clematis / 301 Banyan (through December 2023):
- Sidewalk closures along site frontage on Banyan Boulevard and North Olive Avenue
- Alley north of Clematis Street closed between North Olive Avenue and the Chase Bank plaza.
- Closure of left-most lane along North Olive Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and Clematis Street.
- American Engineering Utilities – Fern St between Rosemary Avenue and Quadrille Boulevard (through Wednesday, August 23):
- Lane shift for milling & resurfacing work.
- The Square East/West Towers – Gardenia Street between Rosemary Ave and Quadrille Boulevard (through December 2023): full road closure due to construction. Pedestrian access maintained along the northern side of the road.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY
- Palm Beach Lake Boulevard east of the Palm Beach Outlets/Target Store entrance (until further notice): periodic right lane closures for pole installation and underground utility work.
- Roebuck Road Bridge over Florida’s Turnpike (until further notice): Temporary lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for bridge maintenance.
- Congress Avenue from 45th Street to south of Echo Lake Drive (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closure for underground utility work.
- Congress Avenue south of 45th Street (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime lane closure pavement markings.
- Congress Avenue north of Presidio Place (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closure for FPL pole removal.
- Haverhill Road north of David’s Mack Drive (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Jog Road north of Okeechobee Boulevard to north of Snelgrove Way (until further notice): Periodic northbound and southbound left turn closures.
- Belvedere Road between Bristol Drive and Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound partial right turn lane closures and westbound right lane closures for pole installation.
- 45th Street west of Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closures for FPL pole removal.
- 45th Street west of Corporate Way (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of Northpoint Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic daytime westbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- For more information about PBC road closures, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works at (561) 684-4000 or visit the Road & Bridge Construction List
FLORIDA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Southern Boulevard (State Road 80) Bridges Replacement Project (through Summer 2023)
- Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Monroe Drive is closed for reconstruction. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic going north on Flagler Drive should go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road, north on Washington Road to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Flagler Drive.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Drive should go west on Monroe Drive, east to Washington Road, and south on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard.
- SR 809/Military Trail at SR 882/Forest Hill Boulevard Intersection Improvements (through Winter 2024)
- Project limits: 0.7-mile at and nearby the intersection of State Road 809 and State Road 822.
- Work includes widening, milling, and resurfacing, constructing additional right and left turn lanes, installing new 5-foot bike lanes at various locations along SR 882, improving sidewalks and driveways, installing four new signal mast arms at the intersection, and installing new signage and pavement markings.
- One lane in each direction of Military Road from Sunset Ranch Road to Forest Hill Boulevard may be closed from 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for utility location and FPL pole removal.
- SR 704/Royal Park Bridge Steel Coating Removal & Replacement (Sunday, 8/20 through Thursday 8/24)
- Nightly closure of all Westbound lanes from 10:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.
- Contingency dates: Sunday, 8/27 through Thursday, 8/31.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured through the SR A1A/Flagler Memorial Bridge.
- For more information, contact FDOT at (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH DOCKS
- Currie Park Boat Docks and Ramps (2400 North Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Lake Mangonia Park Boat Ramps (2957 North Australian Avenue): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Clematis Street Docks (South Clematis Street at South Flagler Drive): Docks are open daily, from 5 a.m. until midnight.
- Fern Street Dock (Fern Street at South Flagler Drive): The dock is open daily from 5 a.m. until midnight. No overnight dockage is allowed for boats, dinghies, or kayaks. The Fern Dock is also the home of a West Palm Beach Marine Patrol Boat and the West Palm Beach Fire Rescue Boat.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/3589/772