CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING CLOSURES
- Olive Avenue at Sophia Drive (through mid-October 2022): Closed for underground utility repairs
- Motorists should use South Dixie Highway (US1) or Flagler Drive as north-south alternatives.
- Banyan Boulevard at Australian Avenue (through November 2022): Southbound left turn lane closures at Australian Boulevard for road improvements within the Banyan Boulevard Streetscape Project.
- Banyan Boulevard between Australian Avenue and Quadrille Boulevard (through November 2022): The following traffic pattern changes within the Banyan Boulevard Streetscape Project.
- Single lane east and westbound Banyan Boulevard traffic through November 2022 to construct a landscaped median.
- Access to the Federal Courthouse & Social Security Administration will be via eastbound Banyan Boulevard through November 2022.
- Access to the Social Security Administration surface parking lot will be via westbound Banyan Boulevard through November 2022.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained throughout the construction period.
- Saratoga Road between Stratford Way / Hartford Court and Middleton Way (until further notice): Road closed for lift station rehabilitation.
- Tamarind Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 7th Street. (through November 2022): Both directions for underground utility work and streetscape. Detours:
- Northbound Tamarind Avenue traffic should go east on Banyan Boulevard to Rosemary Avenue, north on Rosemary Avenue to 7th Street, and west on 7th Street to Tamarind Avenue.
- Southbound Tamarind Avenue traffic should go south on Australian Avenue to Banyan Boulevard and east on Banyan Boulevard to Tamarind Avenue South.
- Washington Road between Greenwood Drive and Monceaux Road (through late Spring 2023): Road closures as part of a streetscape redesign, including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. Detours:
- Northbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Monroe Drive to Olive Avenue, north on Olive Avenue to Almeria Road, and east on Almeria Road to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Almeria Road to Olive Avenue, south on Olive Avenue to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Washington Road.
- Southern Boulevard between Olive Avenue and Malverne Road (through September 2022): One of two eastbound lanes closed to address multiple depressions on Southern Boulevard.
- Georgia Avenue between Nottingham Boulevard and Southern Boulevard, and Miller Avenue between Nottingham Boulevard and Southern Boulevard (through Spring 2022): Local traffic only for utility improvements. Flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
- North Flagler Drive between 34th Street and 36th Street (until further notice): Motorists should expect slow traffic for road construction. Flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
- North Flagler Drive between 43rd Street and 45th Street (through Summer 2022): Partial daytime lane closures for road construction.
EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES
- North & South Clematis Street between Narcissus Street and Flagler Drive, and Lantana Avenue and between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street – closed, Thursday, September 22, 2022, 4 – 10 p.m., for Clematis by Night produced by West Palm Beach Community Events.
- 500 block of Clematis Street – closed, Friday, September 23, 2022, 6 p.m. through Sunday, September 25, 2022, 11 p.m. for an event produced by Moonfest.
PRIVATE PROJECT ROAD CLOSURES
- Icon Marina Village – North Flagler Drive between 43rd Street and 45th Street (through December 2022): Periodic closures of the northbound lane for the installation of underground utilities. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- The Watermark – Datura Street between Quadrille Boulevard and South Dixie Highway (through September 2022): The westbound lane is closed to construct a senior living facility. Motorists should use Clematis Street or Evernia Street as westbound alternatives.
- The Grand – 2nd Street between Rosemary Avenue and Sapodilla Avenue (through October 2022): Occasional flagging on 3rd Street.
- Sapodilla Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 3rd Street is closed through September 2022.
- 2nd Street between Rosemary Avenue and Sapodilla Avenue is closed through September 2022.
- One Flagler – Chase Street between Lakeview Avenue and Okeechobee Boulevard (through December 2023): Road closed for construction. No sidewalk closures.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Australian Avenue at L.A. Kirksey/15th Street (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closure for underground utility installation.
- Australian Avenue south of Belvedere Road (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closures for pole installation.
- Australian Avenue at Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic nighttime lane closures for pavement marking.
- Australian Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 45th Street (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime northbound and southbound lane closures for soil sampling. This project is a mobile moving operation.
- Belvedere Road between Bristol Drive and Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closures and westbound right lane closure for pole installation. Periodic northbound left-turn lane closure at South Australian Avenue for underground utility work.
- Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard from I-95 to Dixie Highway/US1(until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime lane closures for pavement markings.
- Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard east of Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic westbound right turn lane closure for the installation of concrete poles and underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of Northpoint Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic daytime westbound right lane closures for underground utility work.
- North Haverhill Road north of Caribbean Boulevard to Beeline Highway (until further notice): Intermittent lane closures and traffic shifted to the east side for road widening.
- North Florida Mango Road over the Palm Beach County L-2 Canal (north of Bridgeman Drive): Re-opened. Periodic northbound and southbound lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic.
- Roebuck Road between Jeaga Middle School/Grassy Waters Elementary and Haverhill Road (until further notice): Periodic weekend daytime lane closures for pressure cleaning and bridge painting.
- For more information about PBC road closures, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works at (561) 684-4000 or visit the Road & Bridge Construction List
FLORIDA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Eastbound Southern Boulevard exit ramp to Australian Avenue (Thursday, September 22, 2022 through Friday, September 23, 2022): Closed from 9 p.m. through 5 a.m. to install a temporary barrier wall for lane expansion. Detours:
- Motorists will be guided south on Australian Avenue to Southbound Congress Avenue, go south on Congress Avenue to Gun Club Road, make a u-turn on Gun Club Road to northbound Congress Avenue to Australian Avenue northbound.
- North and southbound I-95 north of Forest Hill Boulevard to the south of 10th Avenue North in Lake Worth Beach (through Fall of 2023): I-95 may have one lane closed in each direction nightly, 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, for upgrades in lighting, the installation of new pavement and a Road Weather Information System. Entrance and exit ramps will not be affected by construction. A full overnight closure of I-95 northbound is required to install new overhead sign structures. FDOT will provide ample notice before this operation.
- Southbound Broadway Avenue at 55th Street (through Friday, October 14, 2022): One of three lanes closed, 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for cell phone tower installation.
- Southern Boulevard eastbound exit ramp to northbound Australian Avenue (through Spring 2023): Traffic is reduced to one lane for widening operations.
- For more information, contact FDOT: at (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH DOCKS
- Currie Park Boat Docks and Ramps (2400 North Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, sunrise to sunset.
- Lake Mangonia Park Boat Ramps (2957 North Australian Avenue): Ramps are open daily, sunrise to sunset.
- Clematis Street Docks (South Clematis Street at South Flagler Drive): Docks are open daily, from 5 a.m. until midnight.
- Fern Street Dock (Fern Street at South Flagler Drive): The dock is open daily, from 5 a.m. until midnight. No overnight dockage is allowed for boats, dinghies, or kayaks. The Fern Dock is also the home of a West Palm Beach Marine Patrol Boat and the West Palm Beach Fire Rescue Boat.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/2951/772?npage=6